Saturday 17 August 2013

Woohoo!

 Finally all the strands of my various activities have come together at last to allow me to post a Friday finish! Even though its actually Saturday over here, I'm sure it's Friday somewhere in the Universe, so feel completely justified :)

 I've been doing all the usual holiday things: driving family around to see others, driving us around to see family, being driven mad by my family, you know, the usual. School's back on Monday here in South Ayrshire, and I am frankly thrilled, and I suspect the Blighter is too, because mum and dad are, lets face it, nowhere near as much fun as your friends. Phew.

 In the meantime though, I have managed to finish a couple of cushions, which I totally love. Check (ha!) these out:
This check patchwork cushion looks a lot more golden and yellow (and nicer) in real life. The wee green trees I love, and the apple fabric is one of my favourites ever :)

This log cabin cushion started off because I couldn't fit the centre flower square into a design I was working in, so I decided to put in as the centre of something else. I love this too, the simplicity is very satisfying. And again, the colours are less washed out and more golden in real life too.

The reverse of both cushions is a rusty orange cotton canvas with a tweed effect, and I am smitten with the buttonhole attachment on my machine - so clever! (And nothing to do with the fact I'm nervous of putting in a zip AT ALL)

I've also been beavering away on my new sock mitre blanket, hang on, I'll see if I can get a decent picture of this:
Toes included for scale - the squares finish up at about 5 inches square. Still enjoying it :) Will keep you posted...

5 comments:

  1. Glad I came by to 'check you out' ... you funny lady :)
    Loving all your stuff ... it's nice that our lofts are cooler - more sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cushion covers! I have the same problem with washed out looking colors in photos, am slowly working my way through every setting known to man on hubbie's camera but it doesn't seem to make any difference! The sock mitre blanket is looking good too - glad you're still enjoying it :-) Have a great (& peaceful after Monday!) week, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..I love your knitted "quilt". It is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, you are lovely :D
    Enjoying crafting again now that its a bit cooler, hurray for fewer degrees! Off to try and sew my pinks quilt top now, wish me luck and NO DISTRACTIONS...... x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!