Thursday 10 April 2014

Swoon blocks - surfing the Zeitgeist...

I know, everyone in the WORLD has made these, and I am just getting to grips with my first few blocks. 

But that's ok. I like taking time over something, getting my head around it, deciding what I like and what I dont like. 

So here are some Swoon blocks, making me almost half way through the top:





I'm using a dark teal for the background, a fabric I bought a few yards of ages ago and this is finally the right project for it. A few FQ of rich reds, ambers, forest greens, browns and navy. 
Its a surprise for my folks, I know my stepmum really likes these autumnal colours so I hope they like it when I eventually finish it. Its their anniversary in June, but if its not finished then, I'll definitely have it done by Christmas.

4 down, 5 to go then!

3 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not EVERYONE in the Word, Kathleen - I've been swooning over everyone else's but haven't got around to making any yet. Yours are lovely - very Scottish :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!