Monday 14 July 2014

Distracted by other things

Its the school summer holidays here in Scotland. My attention is being distracted and diverted by my wee one (who is growing like a mushroom) and a couple of customer orders - one you've seen bits of and another one that appeared yesterday (fab!). Also by some knitting I have been cracking on with. I've read tonnes of books too, and watched loads of films - and generally been not posting anything really. Sorry about that. 

But I do have a load of stuff to show you!

I finished my Louisa Harding shawl, and I love it! Here's a close up of the rows:


And a weird pic of the shawl while its blocking - the pink towel doesnt really go, does it? 

 

I made another one in some old Shilasdair angora mix in a slate-blue, which I LOOOOVE but I cant show you as its a Christmas present. Pattern is Imagine When by Joji Locatelli on ravelry. Colourful yarn above is Louisa Harding Amitola




 -0-


I finished the non-custom quilt top too :)


Summer sun! A real novelty in our part of the world :) Finished top size 77" x 63" for a single bed. My second version is darker and richer, more autumnal. Pics of that later :)


My little helper :)

And I've watched Kenny (brilliant) Titan AE (ok) Avengers Assemble (again - love) Xmen Days of Future Past (swoon!) among others...

I've read soooooo many books, cant even think of a favourite....

Am working on another shawl, No Fuss shade loving Shawl using Auracania Ranco in the blue green shade, knitting up very nicely. TV knitting. 

And am working on a cardi for the shop using Debbie Bliss Juliet, a lovely cotton mix marl in the denim blue shade.  

And a pair of socks for the wee one in Opal yarn using these little beauties :

KnitPro Cubics - square needles!

Awesome. And I tidied my sewing room, hoovered up about a thousand threads and folded looooads of fabric. Ahhhhhh!.

Hope you're all enjoying the summer :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!