Thursday 6 September 2012

Cutting a rug

or at least a ton of fabric. I'm working on my mystery quilt, and have cut :- *ahem* (clears throat)

13 each of big squares in purple, red, blue, yellow, green for 26 each HST (65 total so far)
30 same size squares white (95) with another 35 to go
60 each small squares purple, red, blue, yellow, green (395)
over 150 white pieces of various size,

which means I have cut over 550 pieces of fabric, for a quilt which so far only exists on paper. Crikey.

So far so good. Now all I have to do is finish the white, and do a mammoth amount of sewing, making sure that all the squares are sewn together in the right rows, that all the HST work out to the right size, and find a floor big enough to lay out all the rows in the right order (gulp) without the cat or the offspring climbing all over it.

No small task then :)

Here's some nice colours and a really cool idea!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!