Thursday 28 March 2013

Extra strings to my bow

Working away - again - at my sewing machine, only slightly hampered by the remnants of my virulent cold attack Yay! Am trying something new this time for my craft stall, making cards with fabric.
I'm cutting out background shapes and sewing mostly hearts on top. So far they look very cute :D and am
hugely chuffed with how they're turning out. Proper photos tomorrow after I find the camera. And the camera battery...

This is my baby - Brother XL 5700. Pretty basic but a hard worker :)
Have fussy cut some wee motifs too - owls, children, with so far excellent effect. I've been raiding my scrap bins (which are full to overflowing) for these wee titbits, although not making much of a dent yet. I think the next step is going to the stash and choosing some lovely wee bits to fussy cut.
Looking forward to that tomorrow. As well as paying for the Blighter's next round of swimming lessons, gettting acupuncture, picking her up from school early and tidying the house after a family visit and before the first Book Group meeting at our house tomorrow night. Phew!

Here's to feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!