Tuesday 21 May 2013

My working space - take a peek!

I thought you might like a few pics of my sewing space - and it's nice to see how it looks without a pile of fabric and various haby mess on every single surface. I've started another quilt top too (although ongoing experiments with my immune system, thanks to the scientists observing our house and throwing lovely viruses at us all the time, have rendered me useless temporarily with a bad cold). Anyway, here's the situ just now:
Down a couple of steps into the sewing room, this is the first end of the room you see. It's in the eaves at the top of the house, and I keep forgetting this and banging my head. Only been in here 5 years, you'd think I'd know by now :) The table is going to a good home tomorrow, and my plan is to get a hammock in this corner, oh yes!

This is the main working bit - can't you tell by the puddles of sweat? :) The tables are foldable ones I found on ebay, and the shelves were here when we moved in. Perfect for my books, magazines, knick-knacks. Cutting mat and sewing in an l-shape, works really well, esp with the window there. Love the view over the fields too. Physio ball is IDEAL for sewing - very comfy to sit on, much nicer than a chair.

That is the bit of the roof I always bang my head on! Can you tell why? hehe. Have only just hung up my wee wall hanging, pinboard and thread holder. Havent painted the walls yet as havent found the time or energy - lots of other stuff needing doing in the house first. Threads and sewing machine accessories in the drawers there.
This is my little fabric colleection.... Paltry compared to some, but expanding slowly but inevitably. The wee blue boxes in the corner have my coloured scraps, the larger ones have other scraps and the baskets have various fabrics and sewing bits in them. Love spending time fondling the fabrics! I use the floor as my design wall :)
This wee corner beside the steps is for my craft show goodies. Need to build up that area :) Also ideal as a stage for my daughter to play dolls on. They usually end up with bandages on - heaven knows what they get up to in her head!

I always like to see other folk's sewing space so thought you might like to see this one. While it's clean and tidy. Which it probably won't be again for a loooooooooong time!

Latest project tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. At last!! What a lovely sewing room, Kathleen, great use of space and so organised. I used to sew on a physio ball ... Until I popped it by dropping pins on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! What a way to get a blowout! Cheers, am really enjoying sewing there. I will get right back to it now... xxx

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!