Sunday 5 August 2012

Small things

I think after the drama and sheer size of the big quilt and bedspread, it is time to shrink my horizons and focus on a few small projects for a while. I have looked out some of my blue scraps - picking blue because my blue scrap box is fit to burst - and some odd pieces of white, and ironed them to perfection. I am gong to do more tomorrow, because returning this afternoon from our week long holiday and going to a friend's bbq has left me a little tired. Especially as I drove all the way home, then there and back. In the meantime, have some pics of my quilting space :)





As you can see, the room is in the eaves of the house, so I have to be careful when I iron that I don't bang my head on the roof! The fabric collection has expanded slightly, and the shelves to the left (just seen) are now full of backing fabrics, sheeting and various bits and pieces. And over a dozen wee turquoise boxes of scrap fabrics. Lots of floor space for laying out the blocks too. Love the brightness of it, although want to paint the walls a slightly cheerier colour. Now if only I could get the aeriel on the radio to work properly I'd be made - depending on where I am in the room the signal crackles! Who said digital was supposed to be better??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!