Friday 14 December 2012

How can it be Friday already?

Just saw the linkup top Crazy Mom Quilts about Finish it up Friday - and thought 'That's way too early!' But no, alas it is my sense of time which has said the great goodbye as we gallop towards the end of the month, and the Christmas deadline :)

So have been busy today wrapping presents for posting to my friends and family, most of whom still live up in the Isle of Lewis and trying to hide the rest from my 5 year old, who has no idea of keeping a secret and will happily blurt out anything that is not to be told, probably because she finds it impossible not to talk.
And I mean, talk. 
It is incessant. 
Some days our ears bleed...

But despite my lack of temporal awareness, have actually managed to finish some things. Here's a snood, which are all the rage at our house at the minute (scuse the crap night time picture with even more crap old camera):

A rare portrait of me, I don't like having my picture taken

Have made a few of these - for daughter, pals, and one in exhange for a bookcase (total bargain, for me!) and also managed to finish some blocks for one of my commission quilts:


And for a wee close up - inasmuch as my rubbish wee camera will allow:

Its a lot less brown in daylight, honest
So there you are, some evidence of me being busy. I will be busy tonight again too - wrapping pressies and finally downloading that cd-rom of photos I have been meaning to send to my parents for the last 3 months. Whoops.

Love to all! Have a good pre-Christmas night :)

4 comments:

  1. Thought snood was a decorative hair net. Around here we call those cowls. Still lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilt top. Nice picture, always like to see who I'm talking to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers :) Hate pics of self, as mostly v unphotogenic, but it is good to see who's who. We just call them snoods Jenny, cos cowl seems too expansive for our wee neck warmers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely (hate having my photo taken too!) and I love your stars :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!