Monday 7 October 2013

Creations - of all kinds



Well, the house has been a shambles these last few weeks. With the cold hitting the household very hard, then a few days of building tear-downs and refits (the Blighter's bedroom) and the plasterer going through the house to plaster the bedroom, then today new windows are being fitted in 3 rooms upstairs.....

The place is a skip. A real mess. Dust, plaster, clothes everywhere, furniture has been moved from various rooms to accommodate the window and wall replacement. The sewing room is full of my last craft show stock plus stuff that has been dumped out of the way (see previous comments) so is also a mess.

Am fed up.

On the plus side, have had a birthday with cake:
There's even the gymball I sit on to sew! Fab, fab and delicious :D Although it looks more like my mother than me - this is what I have to look forward to!

And took the Blighter to pony club on Saturday, as a reward for getting enough stickers on her chart of good behaviour (the only thing we have found to really work).

And have been making wee xmas decorations that have worked out chuffingly well:
Just one of my ideas for the next Craft fair - and will hopefully be putting some up on Etsy once I get my finger out. Check me out at Fankle Quilting :)

And I managed to finish this too, which I really enjoyed making:

Single bed size, stitch in the dicth zig zag quilting, plain turq backing
And got this top finally finished too (Space! On the sewing room floor!):
Single bed size, will be big floral patch backing. Quilting - prob crosshatch.

And here's my boy who is just lovely :)
(Spot the sock mitre blanket in the corner, up to 50 squares now...)
Hope you're all having a good Monday. If that's at all possible.
Cheerie!






2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Love those Christmas knitted balls but think I love Himself the most - what an adorable boy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!