Thursday 14 June 2012

99% success!

Only 99% because after I'd finished quilting the mammoth, I turned it over to discover a couple of wee puckers in the back. Rats. But they'll hopefully be all but unnoticed after it's been washed, so it will all work out ok. Apart from that, grrr, it looks really good. The binding has been machine stitched on too, so just the sewing in of the ends and stitching the back of the binding. Yeah, that's all (ha!)



This is my next project for us, using some darker colours I have been saving for my hubby. Cant recall where the photo came from, many apologies, but the Swoon block is from here.

Cool, eh? And only 2 years after everyone else :)



 

Have discovered a few things about me and my sewing:

1.  Use good quality thread for quilting. I used my piecing thread, in a fit of inattention, and it kept breaking. I hope there is enough goodwill in the quilt to counterbalance the loud swearing as it was being worked on.

2.  I can quilt better during the day, when I am less tired. Even though I am a night person.

3.  Quilting is more relaxing listening to Ken Bruce than to Jeremy Vine. (I wonder why?!)

4.  You use more thread than you think when stippling. I went through 15 bobbins on that baby, all 92" square, or thereabouts. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!