Tuesday 19 June 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

The heart chain quilt is lying in a crumpled heap at the end of the sofa. Looking for all the world like a neglected unloved pile of fabric. But this incarnation is a good thing, actually, because this means it is nearly at the end of the journey; the binding is about 1/3 sewn on with a little more being done each time I sit down to watch telly. Once I get the cat off it, and persuade my daughter she really doesnt want to use it as a tent.

The Union Jack bedpsread is languishing upstairs, however, although it will also be finished soon (honest, guvnor). Future plans involve making little things for a craft stall in Stair, Ayrshire in August and starting the Swoon quilt, which I am really excited about! Have also seen a gorgeous and ridiculously easy quilt in the latest issue of American Patchwork and Quilting


by Malka Dubrawsky of A Stitch In Dye, which I have fallen in love with, despite not usually liking the block. Who knew something could appeal so much with a simple change of scale?

Anyway. Going to wend my weary way to bed having not done any sewing, oops, but have got the shopping, put it away, and been totally engrossed by the last book in Celia Friedman Magister Trilogy. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!