Thursday 10 January 2013

Late, but not never



Do you think the 10th of Jan is a bit too late to wish anyone a Happy New Year?

Well, given that I am never usually on time, in the spirit of better late than never, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now that I have passed that hurdle, I can get on with some crafty news.
Although the blog has been quiet over the festive period, which I think is entirely understandable, the sewing has not stopped, merely taken a brief hiatus. But now, it has got back on track, gathering speed, and was chugging along quite nicely until I realised I have not got any decent orange thread. I wouldnt normally mind, but without a decent thread you cannot quilt, as I have discovered through much trial and lots of error; and this is the LAST QUILTING to be done on my Game of Thrones quilt, so it is pretty darn important, I think!

All but half a block done, have tried a variety of styles appropriate to each block, and I WILL be posting pics of the quilting once it is all done. I should be able to pick some up this afternoon, so hopefully will get to the binding stage tonight - but......as I have a tendency to promise then spectacularly fail to deliver due to circumstances usually outside my control, I shall make no claims, just wishes :)

The commission stars has been temporarily passed on to my pal, who was happy (she claimed!) to make a few squares for me, so that is still moving even if I'm not moving it.

I have also been tempted by lots of lovely new ideas and block designs.


Isn't the new year, and lengthening days, and winter sunlight, a great inspiration? 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!