Tuesday 22 January 2013

Unlike David Bowie's new song, this one is growing on me

Am working on my latest commission, twin quilts. Two almost identical, but with some artistic licence :)
Suggested block layout, in bad light


Not a palette I would choose for myself, and to start with I found it hard to like the colours, though I really enjoy making star blocks - simple but effective. Slowly, though, the colours are becoming more appealing and soothing. It is good to work out of my usual comfort zone, and the results are worth it. 

I won't sew anything together till I have the two quilts laid out side by side where I can check for block position, but in the meantime I have quite a star production line going on. I find it easier to make half a dozen or so together, then I can batch iron and chain piece. Happy hours!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, your title made me smile :)
    I love these stars and I'm liking the colour choices too ... Hmmmm, I feel the start of a new project :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!