Saturday 10 November 2012

Finish it Friday

Thanks to Crazy Mom Quilts I get to show off some more Game of Thrones loveliness :) I finished another two blocks this week, the Tyrell and the Tully ones. I think they are close enough to the book description to be suitable. Still working out Baratheon - its hard to get a stag's head to look convinvingly regal without it looking like Rudolph.


The sloping pictures are a probem, but I dont have room in the sewing room for a design wall so it has to be a design floor. Ah well, the key elements are there, albeit slightly angled :) I think the simplicity of the design is key too - and any further fancy dan stuff will be quilted in afterwards. I am planning to quilt in the House mottoes too, we'll see how much cursing that produces!


I also managed to get some wee crafty makes, for the craft show I'm doing in Ayr on Nov 25th - come along if you can! Nice to get out and meet people, because you can get a bit closed in when you spend all day sewing and shouting at the radio. Apparently. 

A couple of them need eyes and more detail, but I really like them. Not just good for Christmas either, that dread word which has us beginning crafting in July...

How's all your Christmas sewing going?

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!