Thursday 1 November 2012

First Block of Game of Thrones !!

Here's the first one, Martell House, the easiest to practice on, and still with wee bits of paper hanging into the stitches at the back. I will be spending some time picking them out. No hardship next to the fire!

Block size 24 and a half inches.

Game of Thrones, Martell House, Applique


Notes:
  • I used spray glue to stick the back of the motifs to the backing fabric, and did the circle first, then the flames 5 at a time. 
  • Paper backing to stabilise the sewing. 
  • The spear shaft was a bugger, had to unpick the whole thing once but the second time worked once I had swapped the applique foot for a walking foot to cope with the extra layer of fabric. Phew!
  • Stitch length almost non existent, stitch width varied from 2 to 1 (my machine goes from 0-5, its a Brother XL5700) 
  • Stitch used was a blanket stitch, used both directions of it (nos. 4 and 5 on my machine)
Roll on the next one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!