Friday 7 October 2011

Working on the chain (piecing) gang

Have another quilt in progress, well, 3 actually, as 1 is basted (white one below), one is quilted but not bound, and another is in pieces hovering round the ironing board/sewing machine, and it feels pretty good. I like having a few things to work on, being of the butterfly-mind persuasion. The thought of only one project to work on seems really dull and binding somehow. I think I must like having the illusion of choice, even when decided by my own twisted brain.
Or it could be something to do with my personality type, ISTP, which is my new excuse for being rubbish sometimes. Well, there must be something in it, and it explains why my career path is a series of dead ends, rather than a road stretching out ahead of me, like Himself's .Humph.

But having a few projects on the go means that finishing them all happens roughly at once, and makes me feel great to suddenly have a load of complete items. Which is just as well as I'll be selling at the Ayr Racecourse Hospice Shopping Event on Wed 26th October with my pal Christine, also a quilter. We may even make some money! And that is a very nice thought at the minute....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!