Monday 29 October 2012

Winter Is Coming....

...and the need for warmth on the bed is growing ever stronger, so I've been inspired (and am finally well enough) to get on with the Game of Thrones quilt I've been commissioned to do. Seems a long time since I was asked, stupid colds Grrrrr.

But anyway, work progresses. Have cut out all the templates, cut out the fabrics from the templates (am using spray to hold them down to the block backing as they are too intricate to needle-turn)  and started putting them all together! I think the one I've done looks pretty darn good - do you agree?

No prizes for guessing THIS House!


Have attempted a few practice runs of sewing round applique, and they began with Awful and so far have progressed to Mediocre. So I went on to the lovely Interweb last night and found lots of instructions about how to make applique sewing easier and look better. Thank goodness.

Tonight (after badminton) I shall be mostly in my sewing room - Experimenting MWAHAHAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!