Thursday 21 February 2013

Awesome Films #624

Saw the Hunger Games tonight, for the first time. Excellent book and an excellent film version. 




Jennifer Lawrence is amazing, very true to the character, and absolutely stunning. Loved the ending too - excellent by itself, but an enticing nod towards another film. Love how creepy Donald Sutherland can be ;)

Almost makes me want to read the book again,  but I think I need something else; so what?

I usually read fiction, preferring crime, thrillers or something toothy without being too simplistic. 
- Don't like James Patterson (boring writing) most chicklit and tend to avoid anything too heavily recommended (don't like to follow the crowd).
- Do like classics, a bit of philosophy, drama and long words with a great plot or interesting characters. Last good reads - Lee Child, Terry Pratchett and Aline Templeton. 

Can anyone suggest anything new?

:D xx





2 comments:

  1. We like the same type of books. Here's some authors you may not know, Charlie Huston, Gillian Flynn, Alex Berenson, Daniel Woodrell, Cormac McCarthy, John Hart. I have a book blog where I do recommendations, not reviews. I just post monthly. http://www.lovesbooksandtea.com/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Only heard of McCarthy among that lot, so will give them a go. Will check out your blog too, many thanks. The local library will be getting some work :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!