Saturday 2 February 2013

Ever Late To The Party

Blogland is so busy! I've been reading for a few years now, and am so impressed with how busy and creative everyone is. I have followed and loved the Swoon craze,
Swoon from Jennifer at Twin Fibers

the Granny craze,
photo from SewCraftyJess

 the Scrappy Trip-a-long quilts....
Chopped Rhubarb from Crazy Mom Quilts

you guys are awesome!

I have a Swoon pattern waiting in the shadows, with fabric set aside all ready to go; I have read the tutorials for the Scrappy Trip along with delight (how clever!) and seen the plethora (good Scrabble word) of handmade bags and scarves which are in every corner of the web.

How much of it have I done?

Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Nothing,

To be fair, I have been busy on my own stuff, but have not managed to jump on any of the virtual quilt trips with you all. Not even the step-by-step Bee In My Bonnet row-a-long has been attempted, much as I love it. Those coffee cups, so cute!
photo from Bee In My Bonnet   
So.
I'm nearly finished my twin commission quilts, and will be done with them in a few days. And after that......?

I did harbour thoughts of  this wee beauty for my daughter,

but have none of the laminated fabric required. And if my hubby sees me buying ANY more fabric he will probably (and quite rightly) do his nut.

So then,
Any ideas for the next project?

Anyone?

x

4 comments:

  1. I can relate! I love the look of all the latest, greatest quilt fads, ESPECIALLY the row-along (awesome!), but I've done none of them. For now, it works for me to do my own thing (and lots of it!), but I love the inspiration from all the bloggers who can do the quilt-alongs & etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Isn't the internet amazing! And a huge time suck when I should be quilting ;D

      Delete
  2. Keep hubby happy and use up your existing stash to make a scrappy quilt, Fankle!
    OR do exactly as your heart tells you and buy that laminate fabric and hide it VERY carefully :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldnt be the first time I've smuggled fabric up to my sewing room :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!