Saturday 9 February 2013

Finish-it-up-and-then-bugger-it Friday

I think the title says it all really...

Was doing excellently well this week :D 

Quilt #1 top finished :) Second looks almost identical


Have finished the two quilt tops (Yay!) and basted them both (Yay!) and settled down to quilt one tonight.

Same one being pinned. I am a bit stingy with pins, as had to ration them between the 2 quilts :D


It started brilliantly, my sample quilting was spot on and I charged ahead with the main event. An easy meandering stitch, with Jeeves and Wooster (read by Simon Callow, I heartily recommend) on the stereo, a perfect light accompaniment to an easy task.



It was going well, I http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.co.uk/had the top done in a few hours, including time spent re-filling my glass of juice and having a break to stretch. I snipped the last thread, and turned off the machine, and laid the quilt on the floor to admire my handiwork.

Then I turned it over.






Bugger.

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?






8 comments:

  1. Are you aware that you have the word verification.....Bad on the eyes...ever thought of doing away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, had no idea! Will try to find it. Am not technologically gifted, so this could be fun - watch out for the internet disappearing hehe

      Delete
  2. Oh you poor thing, hate it when that happens! Grrrrrrrr ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Shouldnt have rushed to the finish last night :D Ach well, gives me a reason to perfect them!

      Delete
    2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award if you fancy joining in!

      Delete
    3. Just looked this up - thank you very much! How lovely to be even thought worth reading, that's honour enough!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!